AFC is here for you.
Appetite For Change is committed to the wellbeing of our community, customers, and staff. We are upholding recommendations from the MN Department of Health, CDC, and WHO toward slowing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and keeping our community well.
Appetite For Change is taking the following action to encourage social distance and safe community health practices in response to the spread of COVID-19:
- All Appetite For Change employees have been working remotely as of 3/16/2020, job permitting.
- Service at Station 81 Drink & Eatery is suspended following an executive order by MN Gov. Tim Walz.
- All in-person Community Cooks Workshops and Youth Programming are postponed.
- The reopening of Breaking Bread Cafe will be postponed until restaurant service and group gatherings are advisable.
- Breaking Bread Catering will continue to accept orders for drop-off and delivery.
- AFC is listening to our community to hear about emergency needs and connecting folks to resources.
- We will continue to grow food in our urban farms and green houses, limiting the number of people on site at one time.
- We are working on providing free meals for our community in partnership with The MN Table, a local meal-delivery service.
Amid the uncertainty and change that has come with the spread of Coronavirus, we seek grounding strength in our community and mission to use food as a tool to build health, wealth, and social change. We recognize the coming weeks will pose new challenges to daily life for many, especially around food access and mental wellbeing.
Please look forward to updates from Appetite For Change regarding meal opportunities and donations. And stay tuned to our social media channels for innovative ways to connect with others and entertain or educate the kids with food.
As each day comes we encourage all to be connected, be thoughtful, be kind, and be well. For a virtual pick-me-up: Dance to Grow Food!
Appetite For Change
This is an extraordinary time for food businesses and nonprofits. We ask you to make a gift to Appetite For Change and help support the community we are deeply committed to. We are grateful.