Baked Chicken Pasta
Some (very cold) days are just better with a cheesy baked pasta dish. Try this dish with any kind of pasta or type of canned tomatoes (sauce, diced, crushed) that you have available. You can even switch up the meat. And of course top with any of your favorite cheeses! The process and coziness stay the same.
- Medium pot for pasta
- Oven safe saute pan (or saute pan and baking dish)
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 box spaghetti
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 onion
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Read through the entire recipe before getting started.
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil in a medium pot. Small dice onion and dice small. Chop parsley leaves and stems. Cut chicken into ½” pieces. Combine chicken, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and toss until distributed.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 8-10 min until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta water. Strain and set pasta aside. Begin searing chicken.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and onions and sear until golden brown 3-4 min. *Chicken will not be fully cooked at this point.
- Add tomato sauce and 3/4 cup reserved pasta water; bring to a simmer until chicken is fully cooked, about 6-8 min. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and/or sugar (sugar brings down the acidity in tomato-ey dishes)! Remove from heat and fold in cream cheese until melted.
- Add spaghetti and toss until coated. Transfer mixture to baking dish if saute pan is not oven safe. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 10-12 min until the cheese is bubbly. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!