Delicata Squash and Black bean tacos With Cilantro Lime Slaw
We flavor delicata squash with our favorite taco seasoning for a fall inspired vegetarian taco! With a protein punch from black beans and a flavorful cilantro lime kale slaw, these tacos are DELICIOUS Play around with your toppings—extra cilantro, fresh cheese, hot sauces, or pickled jalapenos or onions!
- Baking sheet
- Small pot
- 2 delicata squash
- 10-12 to rtillas
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 1 lime
- 2 oz sour cream
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 tbsp oil
- Read through entire recipe before getting started.
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut delicata squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and slice each half into 1/4 inch thick half moons. Place on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil, sprinkle with taco seasoning, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat and spread out evenly. Transfer to oven and bake 15-18 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- While squash is roasting, drain and rinse black beans. Place beans in small pot with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook over medium-low heat until warm, about 5 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Rough chop cilantro leaves and stems. Remove ends from onion then peel and small dice. Stack the kale leaves and julienne into very thin strips. Cut lime in half and juice. Place kale, onion, cilantro, lime juice, 1 Tablespoon oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix using hands to gently massage and break down kale.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil or a damp towel and place in oven for 2-3 minutes to warm.
- Assemble tacos: Remove tortillas and squash from oven. Place a few slices of squash, a spoonful of beans, a handful of kale slaw, and a dollop of sour cream on each tortilla. Or set up a taco line for folks to make their own. Enjoy!