The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for glassware, tableware, cooking equipment and utensils, etc., using safe machine and manual cleaning methods. The Dishwasher works effectively as a team player with other kitchen staff, and maintains a safe, efficient and hygienic environment. Learn more about the cafe at breakingbreadmn.com.
● Complete daily dishwasher opening, closing and daily/weekly chore tasks and checklists.
● Thoroughly clean all café dishes by properly using dishwasher and 3-compartment sink,
using all applicable food safety standards.
● Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
● Restock clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas.
● Maintain a clean work environment in all areas of the facility.
● Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
● Take initiative on and participate in deep cleaning projects.
● Sweep up any trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
● Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
● Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
● Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard
● Maintain highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation when handling food and dishes.
● Complete all work responsibilities and assignments in a timely manner.
● Maintain your appearance in accordance with the restaurants grooming standards.
● Maintain a harmonious relationship with other members of the service team.
● Maintain an acceptable degree of knowledge with regard to all kitchen machinery.
● Comply with all of the established restaurant operational policies & procedures.
● Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment with in the kitchen
● Attend all scheduled meetings.
● Knowledge of cleanliness guidelines
● High School Degree preferred
● Successful track record working in the kitchen
● Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends. Able to lift up to 50lb.
● Must be able to arrive promptly and work early mornings, weekends and some holidays.
● Strong value for healthy/whole foods, community engagement and social enterprise.
● Willingness to work with youth in job skills programming.