Interact with Breaking Bread Cafe customers, provide friendly and prompt service in our neighborhood’s only full-service restaurant, processing payment, bussing tables, and handling limited food prep. Learn more about the cafe at
• Maintain a positive attitude of a high standard and quality for food and service.
• Perform front of house duties including greeting, serving, busing, prep and barista.
• Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and follow Checklists.
• Perform a variety of customer service duties such as responding to questions, explaining the
restaurant concept, answer telephone calls and provide pertinent information.
• Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
• Read, understand, follow and speak basic cooking directions and standardized recipes.
• Safely uses equipment and supplies to perform tasks most efficiently and effectively.
• Assist with inventory control, product stocking, rotation and waste management.
• Properly handle and store raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies.
• Follow health and sanitation standards to properly clean dishware, equipment, work stations
and kitchen facilities before, during and after service.
• Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Head Chef, Kitchen Manager or Supervisor.
• At least one year serving experience, some food prep experience preferred
• Enthusiastic and positive demeanor.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Must be able to work early mornings, weekends and some holidays.
• Professional communication skills.
• Ability to take direction, work in a team environment and work calmly and effectively under
pressure. Problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Strong value for healthy/whole foods, community engagement and social enterprise.
• Willingness to work with youth in job skills programming.