Breaking Bread Catering: Event Bartender
Appetite For Change is seeking to hire a part-time hourly position to serve as Event Bartender. The person in this position will serve beverages to guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. PART TIME $15 per hour
● Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
● Responsible for cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables to insure product quality.
● Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks.
● Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
● Inputs cash and credit card orders into a point of sale system.
● Responsible for sanitation in and around the bar area.
● After function, remove inventory and all beverage equipment to proper storage.
● Work effectively and efficiently with the event team.
● Expediently communicate any challenges, guest complaints or requests to management.
● Respond to managements instructions and directions.
● Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
● Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests, co-workers and management
● Other duties as assigned.
1. Perform various tasks as needed by management
Desired Education and Experience
● 1-2 year bartending experience.
● Alcohol seller server certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Arrive at scheduled start time in appropriate uniform and ready to work.
● Fully knowledgeable in drink recipes.
● Knowledge of laws of liquor service.
● Good understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
● Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
● Ability to demonstrate sound cooking knowledge and technique.
● Must be able to arrive promptly and work early mornings, weekends and some holidays.
● Professional communication skills. Ability to take direction, work in a team environment and work
calmly and effectively under pressure.
● Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
● Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
● Strong value for healthy/whole foods, community engagement and social enterprise.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
● Able to Stand for long periods of time.
● Able to lift materials up to 50 pounds in weight (food, plants, print materials in boxes, equipment, and other job-related items).
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Incumbent must be able to use:
● Standard commercial kitchen, catering, and bar equipment.
● Most work is done at Station 81, Breaking Bread Cafe, at partner venue locations, or other off-site public/private venue locations.
NEW EVENT STAFF BONUS
Newly hired event staff who satisfactorily work a minimum of 3 shifts per month in the 90-day period between June 1 – August 31 may qualify for a one-time, taxable bonus of $500.
This bonus payment will be added to the employee’s subsequent paycheck in September.