Breaking Bread Catering: Event Lead
Appetite For Change is seeking to hire a full-time hourly position to serve as Catering Event Lead. The person in this position will perform a variety of tasks involved in the delivery, set-up, and pick up of deliveries for catered events. FULL TIME $25 per hour
1. Managing event staff accordingly based on event schedule.
2. Making sure that all event requirements are ready before the event.
3. Acts as a liaison between event staff and the kitchen staff to ensure timely and appropriate communications.
4. Observing the event, managing the operation and being on the floor at all accommodate guest needs.
5. Once the event is over, making sure that closing procedures are met.
6. In absence of the Logistics Manager this position will be required to act as manager on duty.
7. Ensures guests are attended to in a prompt, efficient and personalized manner.
8. Assists in coordinating special functions with the Logistics Manager
9. Performs daily activities to include: serving tables, bussing tables, and general clerical/cashier duties.
10. Regular and reliable attendance.
11. Perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned
1. Perform various tasks as needed by management
Desired Education and Experience
● 2-3 years event management experience
● Food Handlers / Serve Safe permit preferred.
● Alcohol Awareness Training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Must be able to work evenings, early mornings, and weekends and be flexible in scheduling from week to week.
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be positive and respectful in working with a diverse population.
● Must be dependable and reliable
● Motivated self-starter and able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
● Demonstrated commitment to great customer service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
● Able to Stand for long periods of time.
● Able to lift materials up to 50 pounds in weight (food, plants, print materials in boxes, equipment, and other job-related items).
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Incumbent must be able to use:
● Standard catering equipment
● Most work is done at Station 81, Breaking Bread Cafe, at partner venue locations, or other off-site public/private venue locations.
NEW EVENT STAFF BONUS
Newly hired event staff who satisfactorily work a minimum of 3 shifts per month in the 90-day period between June 1 – August 31 may qualify for a one-time, taxable bonus of $500.
This bonus payment will be added to the employee’s subsequent paycheck in September.