Breaking Bread Catering: Event Server
Appetite For Change is seeking to hire a part-time hourly position to serve as Event Server. This position is responsible for effectively assisting food and beverage services and aiding in the overall logistics of the banquet events by way of set-up, clear communication and teamwork, while maintaining the company’s standard for excellence. Furthermore, it requires to be accommodating to all guests while circulating the room. Anticipating the needs of the guests and responding politely to their requests. PART TIME: $20 per hour
Download full description here. To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or social media messages.
1. Maintain a professional appearance and mannerism.
2. Assist with set-up and breakdown of tables, linens, chairs, etc, for full service of banquet events.
3. Polish flatware and glassware to remove all visible water spots and ensure cleanliness.
4. Maintain a clean restroom, with restroom checks frequently throughout the event.
5. Provide excellent food and beverage service for banquet events.
6. Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures.
7. Maintain sense of urgency when on the service floor.
8. Maintain back of the house, front of the house and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
9. Maintain positive and professional attitude.
10. Seek council from management when needed.
11. Complete other assigned duties when necessary.
12. Maintain clear and open communication between all staff members for overall event success.
13. Follow Health and Safety practices at all times.
1. Perform various tasks as needed by management
Desired Education and Experience
● 1-2years serving experience.
● Food Handlers / Serve Safe certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Well groomed appearance and good hygiene
● Must have pleasant, professional, outgoing personality
● Good understanding of professionalism and customer service.
● Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
● Must be able to arrive promptly and work early mornings, weekends and some holidays.
● Professional communication skills.
● Ability to take direction, work in a team environment and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
● Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
● Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
● Strong value for healthy/whole foods, community engagement and social enterprise.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
● Able to Stand for long periods of time.
● Able to lift materials up to 50 pounds in weight (food, plants, print materials in boxes, equipment, and other job-related items).
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Incumbent must be able to use:
● Standard commercial kitchen and catering equipment
● Most work is done at Station 81, Breaking Bread Cafe, at partner venue locations, or other off-site public/private venue locations.
$20 per hour – Part time
NEW EVENT STAFF BONUS
Newly hired event staff who satisfactorily work a minimum of 3 shifts per month in the 90-day period between June 1 – August 31 may qualify for a one-time, taxable bonus of $500.
This bonus payment will be added to the employee’s subsequent paycheck in September.
Download full description here. To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.