Breaking Bread Catering: Event Utility Driver
Appetite For Change is seeking to hire a full-time hourly position to serve as Catering Utility Driver. The person in this position will perform a variety of tasks involved in the delivery, set-up, and pick up of deliveries for catered events. FULL TIME $15 – $17 per hour
1. Gather and pack all food and equipment necessary for delivery event.
2. Deliver food, beverages, and equipment to designated areas.
3. Set-up and pick-up of catering events as scheduled.
4. Load and unload delivery vans.
5. Respond to inquiries from customers in a courteous manner.
6. Stock and clean work areas and related equipment.
7. Return dishes, utensils, etc. to the kitchen for cleaning.
8. Stay on time and follow delivery.
9. Perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned
1. Perform various tasks as needed by management
Desired Education and Experience
● Must be 18 years of age.
● 1-2 year delivery driver experience.
● Food Handlers / Serve Safe permit preferred.
● Valid drivers license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Must be able to work evenings, early mornings, and weekends and be flexible in scheduling from week to week.
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be positive and respectful in working with a diverse population.
● Must be dependable and reliable
● Must be able to work through finals week
● Motivated self-starter and able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
● Demonstrated commitment to great customer service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
● Able to Stand for long periods of time.
● Able to lift materials up to 50 pounds in weight (food, plants, print materials in boxes, equipment, and other job-related items).
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Incumbent must be able to use:
● Standard commercial kitchen equipment
● Most work is done at Station 81, Breaking Bread Cafe, at partner venue locations, or other off-site public/private venue locations.