APPETITE FOR CHANGE JOB POSTING
Appetite For Change (AFC) is a nonprofit social enterprise in North Minneapolis whose mission is to use food as a tool to build health, wealth and social change. Appetite For Change envisions sustainable, equitable, local food systems, created and led by thriving, socially connected families and communities.
We are seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator to work in the Social Enterprise Department of AFC. The Communications Coordinator – Social Enterprise is responsible for supporting strategies that increase AFC’s Social Enterprises (Breaking Bread Cafe, Breaking Bread Catering, Station 81) visibility to diverse audiences, current and potential clientele, and expanding digital information communication systems.
The AFC Communications Team is the steward of the AFC brand and all its social enterprises. It supports the organization by creating branding and marketing campaigns that increase earned and contributed revenue. This includes but is not limited to strategic planning, production and distribution of digital and print products, and advertising and media activities.
The Communications Coordinator – Social Enterprise supports this work by contributing to the design, development and dissemination of high quality tools and materials, ensuring style and branding compliance, enhancing AFC’s media relations and public presence, and supporting the social enterprise website and social media platforms.
This position will primarily work 20-25 hours per week with occasional evenings and weekends as needed to help promote events.
The Communications Coordinator responsibilities include:
Project management and administrative support for Social Enterprise communications
- Create and post engaging social media content regarding social enterprise events and initiatives. This includes event photography, food photography, and resharing of existing assets.
- Work with Social Enterprise partners to fulfill specific cross-company marketing needs and obligations.
- Create and manage timelines for communications projects, including creative development and production, according to deadlines.
- Support production and execution of digital and print communications campaigns.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate inventories of print materials, t-shirts, business cards, etc. where applicable, providing manager with monthly updates on assets and inventory.
- Manage the Social Enterprise social media and online accounts by providing timely responses to inquiries and triage with appropriate staff.
- Provide communications support for events and public appearances.
- Support Social Enterprise’s presence at select events by managing exhibit/event arrangements, capturing photos, coordinating staff support, and distributing materials as necessary.
- Plan, support, and represent AFC at tabling opportunities including open house events, industry fairs, and other promotional events.
- Support Communications Team in maintaining a collection of current photos, testimonials, graphics, icons, infographics, databites video clips, and program/client stories to use in marketing and communications.
- Continuously audit visual communications assets to ensure up-to-date and sufficient inventory of relevant images and videos.
Digital engagement and strategy
- Support the Communications Team in managing SEO-friendly website content at www.afcmn.org and other AFC-managed websites; suggest areas for improvement and edit for consistency and accuracy.
- Manage social media engagement by liking, commenting, and following content that is relevant to AFC and its social enterprises.
- Support the Communications Team in repurposing and creating fresh content for monthly eNewsletters and other direct communication.
- Provide real-time social media support of Breaking Bread programs and events.
- Deliberate planning, strategy and goal setting across social media channels.
- Develop brand identity, awareness, and online reputation.
- Research Social Media trends to inform marketing activities.
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measure a campaign’s performance against the KPIs.
Advertising and media relations
- Work with the Communications Team to develop and implement media strategies that advance the Social Enterprises visibility, including researching social media utilization and analyzing its effectiveness.
- As needed, manage relationships with contractor photographers and designers, to include: scheduling and planning quarterly photography sessions and any asset creation not handled in-house.
- Coordinate responses to incoming social media inquiries, review press releases, and monitor relevant news coverage.
- Work with the Social Enterprise team to fulfill business, venue, and marketing partner advertisement agreements, to include generating digital, print, video and radio assets as needed.
Qualified Candidate should have:
- Three or more years working in communications for a non-profit organization, for-profit, or government entity
- Background in communications, project management, and/or knowledge management preferred
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications project management
- Associates degree or higher preferred, or equivalent years of experience
- Proficiency in Google Suites and Microsoft Office
- Software Skills Required: WordPress; SquareSpace; Canva; Campaign Monitor and MailChimp or similar email service provider; SalesForce.
$20 to $25 per hour – DOQ
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Send resume and cover letter to Geoffrey@afcmn.org.