Appetite For Change Communications Coordinator
The Communications Coordinator supports this work by contributing to the design, development and dissemination of high quality tools and materials, ensuring style and branding compliance, backstopping AFC’s media relations and public presence, and supporting AFC’s website and social media platforms. This role also provides administrative and technical support to the Communications Team and the Advancement Department. Other tasks, such as written support to proposals for funding projects or yearly reports to existing funders, may be assigned based upon organizational need.
- Project management and administrative support for communications
- Digital engagement
- Advertising and media relations
- Perform various tasks as needed by management.
- Other tasks assigned based upon organizational need, such as written support to proposals for funding projects or yearly reports to existing funders.
Desired Education and Experience
- One to two years of experience working as a project manager or communications professional for a non-profit organization, for-profit entity, or government agency
- Background in communications, project management, and/or knowledge management preferred.
- Good knowledge of marketing and communications project management.
- Associates degree or higher preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with computers and excellence in all Google Suite applications.
- Fluency in communications and marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and present technical information to nontechnical audiences, and a passion to bridge the gap between research and lay audiences.
- Creative problem-solver with an eye for good design; on the cutting edge of emerging media trends and technologies.
- Proficiency with WordPress and content management systems; HTML familiarity an asset.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of political and ethical issues in assigned areas; ability to facilitate relationships between diverse communities.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment.
- Use of social media dashboards/management tools and social/web analytics software (Google Analytics) and experience translating it.
- Familiarity with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) a plus.
- Knowledge of WooCommerce, Campaign Monitor, and Salesforce a plus.