APPETITE FOR CHANGE JOB POSTING
PROGRAM FACILITATOR – COMMUNITY COOKS
Appetite For Change (AFC) is a nonprofit social enterprise in North Minneapolis whose mission is to use food as a tool to build health, wealth and social change. Appetite For Change envisions sustainable, equitable, local food systems, created and led by thriving, socially connected families and communities.
We are seeking a part-time Program Facilitator to work in the Community Cooks program. The Community Cooks Program Facilitator Job plans for, assists and leads in-house and contracted Community Cooks workshops, which occur during weekends and evenings.
The Community Cooks Program Facilitator responsibilities include:
Assist Community Cooks Manager with assigned tasks in helping support the program
- Place food orders with food suppliers when necessary
- Shop for food and program supplies in local retail food stores
- Create recipes by revamping favorite foods to expose participants to new foods
- Recruit individuals and groups of participants by creating flyers and other communications for events, postings on social media, and calling prospective attendees
- Help develop nutrition topics, gardening skills, and current events
- Attend and staff AFC / Community Cooks tables at various community events and fundraisers, presenting the benefits of the program to the community
- Enter and collect data in Salesforce to be used for reporting to funder and program improvement
- Create Printed material that will be used at workshops to have handouts available during program events
- Harvest ingredients from our gardens when necessary
- Lead Community Cooks workshops,
- Introduce the workshop and review the agenda/plan of the night
- Familiarize the participants with the kitchen, tools, foods and other items needed for cooking
- Help cooking recipes making sure that all cooking stations are set up
- Engage with participants throughout the event, making sure that they have great experiences
- Help maintain work station throughout the event by picking up and removing items that are not being used, to keep a safe work area at all times
- Conclude each workshop by asking the participants if they have any questions and let them know that we will be sending out a survey via text about tonight events
- Find potential clients who will want to use our service for team building, community engagement, school events etc.
- Create digital flyers and other marketing communication utilizing email and social media to initiate public awareness of our services
- Build relationships with prospective and current participants and community organizations who may benefit from Community Cooks programs
Collect and Analyze Program Data
- Survey participants at the end of event directing them to our electronic survey
- Track participant data using AFC’s Salesforce software
- Analyze the results of participant survey results, reporting results to Program Manager to discuss methods for improving service and increasing participation
- Create reports and presets with team at the end of each quarter
- Reviews survey data regulation to ensure that all the information received from participants is accurate
Shopping and Food Storage
- Create thorough shopping list of items required for each Workshop
- Within 24 hours of event, Grocery shop for workshops
- Ensure that only fresh ingredients are purchased, following shopping food guidelines including by looking, smelling, and touching produce prior to purchase
- After shopping, return to AFC and make sure that all food items are properly bagged and stored in a cool area or refrigerated, storing food properly away until ready to cook
Job Requirements include:
- Computer skills and social media knowledge for digital flyer and communication through email
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Working with both small and large groups
- Cooking large batches of food
- Working in a kitchen with groups of people
- Knife skills
- Collecting data, surveying,
- Recruiting participants, Table events
- Hosting or facilitating
- Public speaking
- Drive to perform grocery shopping duties in advance of workshop
- Must have valid MN Driver’s license with good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work evenings, early mornings, and weekends and be flexible in scheduling from week to week.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be positive and respectful in working with a diverse population.
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Motivated self-starter and able to complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to great customer service.
- Most work is done at Station 81, Breaking Bread Cafe, at partner venue locations, or other off-site public/private venue locations.
$18 – $21 Per hour – DOQ
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Send resume and cover letter to Nicole@afcmn.org.