Creamy Meatballs & Garlic Potatoes
Garlic mashed potatoes are a good side for almost any meal, and a great way to absorb creamy sauces! Use this garlic roasting method to make a delicious paste you can keep in the fridge and add to all your favorite meals. Follow the steps below to roast and mash the garlic. Then put it in a jar and add a little oil. Store it up to 1 month in your fridge!
Servings: 6 servings
- Large pan
- Medium pot
- Baking sheet
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6-8 medium carrots
- 1 lb potatoes
- 1 onion
- 6 oz sour cream
- 5 cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- Remove stem and peel carrots. Cut in half lengthwise and then into quarters. Peel garlic. Scrub potatoes (we like the skin on!) and chop into 1 inch pieces. Small dice onion. Add sour cream to medium bowl and dissolve in 3/4 cup warm water by whisking with a fork.
- Prepare carrots: Drizzle carrots and garlic with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread on the baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, then shake the pan and stir. Roast for another 10 min. Remove garlic and set aside. Roast carrots for another 15 min until tender and browned around the edges.
- Prepare mash: Place potatoes in a medium pot covered by 2” of water over medium heat; add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cook for 10-12 min until potatoes are tender. Reserve 1⁄2 cup potato water. Turn off heat, strain potatoes, and return to pan. Mash roasted garlic cloves and add to potatoes with 2 Tbsp butter, potato water, salt, and pepper. Mash until incorporated.
- Prepare meatballs: Mix ground beef, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper until incorporated. Shape mixture into ping pong size meatballs.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sear meatballs until browned on sides. Remove from pan. Add flour, 1 Tbsp butter and onion to pan and sauté for 2-3 min. Whisk in sour cream mixture, salt, and pepper to make a cream sauce. Return meatballs to pan and cook simmering until sauce is creamy and meatballs are fully cooked.
- Serve over garlic mash with roasted carrots on the side. Enjoy!