APPETITE FOR CHANGE JOB POSTING
Appetite For Change (AFC) is a nonprofit social enterprise in North Minneapolis whose mission is to use food as a tool to build health, wealth and social change. Appetite For Change envisions sustainable, equitable, local food systems, created and led by thriving, socially connected families and communities.
Appetite For Change is seeking to hire a part-time hourly person to serve as Catering Event Lead. This is a part-time hourly position that works at our various venue locations in Minneapolis and Saint Paul. The days and hours may vary depending upon scheduled events.
- Review event specifications and ensure that all event requirements are ready in advance of the event
- Act as a liaison between the event staff and kitchen staff to ensure timely and appropriate communications related to food preparation and serving requirements
- Assist in coordinating special functions with the Catering Manager
- Act as manager on duty in the absence of the Catering Manager
- Throughout the event, manage event staff accordingly based on event schedule, ensuring appropriate coverage and performance of catering and food service tasks
- Observe the event, managing the operation in accordance with specifications and
- Work on the floor visible to guests to accommodate guest needs
- Ensure guests are attended to in a prompt, efficient and personalized manner
- Work alongside staff to perform Event Server and other necessary duties, including:
- Event set-up tasks
- Perform back of the house , front of the house, and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet event
- Perform daily activities to include: serving tables, bussing tables, and general clerical/cashier duties.
- Once the event is over, oversee staff to ensure that closing procedures are performed satisfactorily, providing direction as needed
- When event is located in-house, ensure that the serving and kitchen areas are cleaned and left in the appropriate condition for the next shift of workers
- When an event is located at a partner or other location, ensure that all serving and kitchen areas are thoroughly cleaned and straightened to AFC and customer specifications, delegating as needed.
Desired Education and Experience
- At least 2-3 years of event management experience
- Alcohol Awareness Training preferred
● Possess valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation
- Must be able to work evenings, early mornings, and weekends and be flexible in scheduling from week to week.
$25 Per hour
Sick and Safe Time
Send resume and cover letter to Deedra@afcmn.org