APPETITE FOR CHANGE JOB DESCRIPTION
EVENTS/LOGISTICS MANAGER (CATERING)
Appetite For Change is seeking to hire a full-time Events/Logistics Manager for Breaking Bread Catering. The Logistics Manager plans, organizes, and manages the set-up and execution of events, directs employees and ensures that all catering/events related work adheres to health and safety requirements. The Catering Logistics Manager is responsible for the operations, distribution and inventory of catering small wares, furniture, etc., for the catering storage areas, and for the on-going identification of operational improvements. This person has a flexible schedule based on the Event’s Calendar. Most events are scheduled on weekends and evenings.
Appetite For Change (AFC) is a nonprofit social enterprise in North Minneapolis whose mission is to use food as a tool to build health, wealth and social change. Appetite For Change envisions sustainable, equitable, local food systems, created and led by thriving, socially connected families and communities.
Catering Planning and Administration
- Oversee the planning and delivery of items needed for all events and or on-site meetings
- control, and processing of orders
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating
- work efforts with other catering managers and employees.
- Demonstrate a high performance standard, train staff, monitor performance on-going and
- coach as needed.
- Communicate with other departments, staff groups and internal customers and ensure
- staff deliver a high level of quality customer service.
- Interact professionally with clients, employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Oversee execution of events, including scheduling staff, helping when needed.
- Attend meetings with culinary and sales teams to orchestrate logistics to ensure team is fully prepared to implement each event
- Catering staging
- Manage event staff
- Prepare for and oversee the movement of equipment for all events, to include staging food and supplies, loading into vehicles, set up at event site and proper return to the warehouse
- Evaluate the logistical success of each event, inform management as appropriate, identify and implement improvements
- Manage all catering event-related small-wares inventory and ordering
- Manage daily inventory pulls, as well as the organized returns, for multiple events and
- catering initiatives
- Establish required inventory levels and keep stock control systems up to date, to include planning for future capacity requirements
- Storage maintenance, upkeep, organization and sanitation
- Oversee the maintenance of catering equipment
- Oversee the planned maintenance and cleaning of vehicles
- Manage vehicles and cart inventory used at events
- Manage delivery drivers training, ensuring drivers follow all AFC protocol for driving, delivery and return of food and equipment
- Perform various duties, responsibilities, and special projects needed by management
Desired Education and Experience
- College degree or degree related to operations and/or event management or in a related discipline preferred or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years years of progressive operations management, food service/hospitality and supervisory experience
- Possess valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation
- Computer proficiencies: Excel/spreadsheet applications, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint. Order processing system experience
- Must be able to work evenings, early mornings, and weekends and be flexible in scheduling from week to week
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to supervise employees, set objectives and work goals and standards, give direction, delegate to and motivate employees
- Able to make managerial-level decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building skills to effectively work with a diverse variety of people and personalities, in and out of the organization
- Able to effectively communicate, motivate and interact with all levels within the organization
- Able to speak and present effectively in a group setting to associates, managers and clients
- and represent Breaking Bread Catering to the public
- Able to operate Web based ordering systems, process customer requests, changes
- to orders and client profiles
- Able to balance multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and work independently as well as in a team
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work; Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines and see projects through to completion
- Able to effectively negotiate and resolve conflict resolution
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong passion for great food and hospitality
- Strong value for the work of Appetite For Change, serving the community, healthy/whole foods, community engagement and social enterprise
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift materials up to 25 pounds in weight (food, equipment, boxes, chairs, tables, and other catering, serving and job-related items)
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Standard computer and office equipment
- Vans and other vehicles
- The work environment is primarily indoors
- Most work is done at Station 81, Breaking Bread Cafe, at partner venue locations, or other off-site public/private venue locations
- Must be able to travel to locations in all Minnesota weather conditions
- Must be able to work around kitchen cleaning chemicals and tools
- Must be able to tolerate smoke, odors and other typical kitchen conditions
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
$40,000 to $45,000 DOQ
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance