Honey & Soy Glazed Chicken Thighs
Talk about an easy, go-to weeknight recipe! Feel free to make the glaze ahead of time and marinate overnight if you have time, otherwise a quick 20 minutes will impart MAJOR flavor. Chicken thighs are great for marinating and cooking in high heat (baking or grilling) because they're juicy, thin, and caramelize easily! We pair today's dish with quick roasted carrots and rice. Try with your family's favorite seasonal veggies.
- Oven safe baking dish
- Small pot
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 red onion
- olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tbsp vinegar any kind
- Read through the entire recipe before getting started.
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Cut onion in half and peel; then thinly slice. Mince or grate garlic. Remove ends from carrots and slice into 1/2" discs.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add brown rice. Cook for 1-2 minutes until aromatic. Add 2 cups of water and a generous pinch of salt. Mix to combine and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 25-30 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In a large oven-safe baking dish or dutch oven, combine honey, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil, and ginger until well incorporated. Add chicken and mix to incorporate. Allow to marinate for 20-30 min, if time allows. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Flip chicken in marinade. Add carrots and toss to incorporate. Transfer to oven.
- Bake for 20-25 min, flipping twice while baking. Once chicken is fully cooked remove from oven and serve with pan juices over brown rice. Enjoy!