Mini Meatloaves with Southern Style Cucumber Salad
As we move into August in Minnesota, we really start to see that beautiful summer produce! Highlight all that locally grown cucumbers and tomatoes have to offer by keeping the dressing simple and letting the vegetables shine. Paired with a streamlined meatloaf recipe that bakes in less than 20 minutes, you can have dinner on the table in no time—perfect for those hot and busy summer nights.
Servings: 6 servings
- Muffin tin or sheet pan
- Large Mixing bowl x 2
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/3 cup bread or cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated onion
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Hungarian Spice blend
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 large cucumbers
- 4 medium/large tomatoes
- 1/2 sweet white onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, grated onion, milk, egg, Hungarian Spice Blend, granulated garlic, and a good pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop beef mixture into 12 equal portions and place each portion into the cups of a muffin pan or onto a sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes, until cooked through or the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- While baking, start the salad: Thinly slice cucumbers and white onion. Chop tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Julienne mint leaves (optional).
- Combine cucumbers and tomatoes with the rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Remove meatloaves from oven and serve each loaf with salad. Enjoy!