The Northside Fresh Coalition Manager will work in cooperation and collaboration with partners across the Northside, and will foster the further development of the Northside Fresh Coalition through organizing collaborations, meetings, and initiatives that bring Northside Fresh Coalition members together. This person will also work with other AFC program managers, including our YTOP Manager to engage youth and AFC program participants/customers in the work of Northside Fresh. This position will also work closely with the AFC team and its Twin Cities partners in food justice as the Metro Food Justice Network is developed. Learn more about Northside Fresh at northsidefresh.org
1. Coalition Management: Work with the Operations Team and coalition partners to coordinate all aspects of the Northside Fresh Coalition and its action teams, events and activities to ensure maximum impact and engagement in the community.
- Administrative: Coordinate Northside Fresh activities as laid out in the program logic model/work plan, and any NSFresh grant agreements. This includes filling out required evaluative reporting for AFC quantitative impact metrics
- Shared Leadership: Work with AFC staff to get multiple organizations (including AFC) in agreement on a shared leadership model so that no one entity is responsible for the success of Northside Fresh.
- Communications & Engagement: Coordinate development of internal communications strategies, co- branding policy, and engagement activities to expand partnership and authentically recruit new organizations and community members.
2. Network Weaving & Advocacy: Support the integration of Northside Fresh into the framework of a broader Twin CIties metro area food justice network (MFJN)
- Represent Northside Fresh if/when it becomes a hyper local “action team” of the broader MFJN
- Policy Action Team: Work with the co-leads of Northside Fresh Policy action team to advance their priorities
- Work with the YTOP Manager and AFC VP of Programming on the “YTOP Fresh” work of rebuilding the NSFresh Youth action team in partnership with other Northside youth groups
● Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred but not required
● Two or more years experience in Community Organizing/network weaving, coordinating volunteers, and/or political campaign management is preferred
● Proficiency in Google Suite applications, Microsoft Office Suite required
● Experience working with diverse communities required
● Proficiency in use of facebook, instagram, mailchimp (or similar) and/or website maintenance preferred