Jennifer Tacheny is Co-Director of Celeste’s Dream a ministry of the Sister’s of St. Joseph of Carondelet in St. Paul. She has a M.A. in Pastoral Ministry, and over 15 years of experience in religious studies, social justice, and spirituality education. As graduates of the Land Stewardship Project’s Farm Beginnings program in sustainable agriculture, she and her husband Steven run a small organic vegetable business on their family farm in Mankato during the summer months. Jennifer brings her education and experience in sustainable agriculture to Celeste’s Dream as coordinator of the community garden and mentor for the Food Justice Coalition at St. Catherine University. Food is a passion that Jennifer cultivates in a variety of ways including five years of cooking, baking, and managing at St. Martin’s Table restaurant and bookstore. Jennifer and Steven play music together when they can sneak it in amidst work, farming, and raising three young children.
- Minneapolis nonprofit Appetite for Change promotes healthy eating with music
- 9 actions for a healthy and sustainable food system
- Innovative leaders in an increasingly complex food system
- Pain and necessity birth community-conscious eatery
- Farmers markets will open but COVID-19 strikes at the communal spirit