Marcus was born and raised in North Minneapolis, and currently lives here with his wife and children. He has an M.B.A. from St. Thomas University. Formerly the President of NEON, Marcus is now Executive Director of the African American Leadership Forum whose mission is to improve the economic health of communities through public and private partnerships that create opportunities for underserved communities. Before these positions, Marcus had an 8 year career in various departments of Target, worked in the financial services industry and he’s an entrepreneur himself.
- Minneapolis nonprofit Appetite for Change promotes healthy eating with music
- 9 actions for a healthy and sustainable food system
- Innovative leaders in an increasingly complex food system
- Pain and necessity birth community-conscious eatery
- Farmers markets will open but COVID-19 strikes at the communal spirit