These muffins are great until you add the Honey Butter… then they’re SUPER AMAZING AWESOME
- Whisk or hand mixer
- 4 mixing bowls (2 large, 1 medium, 1 small)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons (teaspoons and tablespoons)
- Cooking spray or paper muffin cups
- Muffin tins
- flour sifter or mesh strainer
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil, vegitable oil. or melted butter
- 4 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Cups buttermilk*
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups of fresh blueberries
- For Honey Butter: 1/2 Stick of room temp. butter, 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 350° and spray muffin tins with cooking spray, or use paper liners.
Dry ingredients: In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder into a large bowl and mix together.
Wet ingredients: In another large bowl, bowl mix together the buttermilk, oil/butter, and eggs.
Blueberries: in a medium bowl, mix the blueberries with 2 tablespoons of the dry ingredients, making sure the blueberries are evenly coated.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and blend together. Mixture should still be lumpy.
Gently fold the blueberries into the batter, being careful not to over mix!
Pour the batter into the lined/oiled muffin tins, until nearly full. Do not over fill! Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife or toothpick stuck into the middle comes out clean. Let muffins cool before eating.
For the honey butter, soften 1/2 stick of butter and mix with the 2 tablespoons of honey.
*If you do not have buttermilk on hand, you can combine 2 cups of regular milk with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or white vinegar. Let this stand at room temp for 5-10 minutes. This is now buttermilk.