Simple Veggie Frittata
Frittatas are everything we love about quiche, without the hassle of a crust. Fluffy eggs, fresh veggies & herbs, and a sprinkle of flavorful Parmesan cheese make this easy weeknight meal a standout. While eggs are often thought of for breakfast or brunch, this delicious, healthy, and affordable dish makes a great dinner when paired with a simple salad or as leftovers for lunch the next day!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- Med- large skillet
- 1 bunch onion or green onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bunch dark leafy greens (kale or chard work well)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Dice onions and tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Remove tough stems from dark leafy greens and chop or tear leaves into bite-size pieces. Mince garlic cloves and fresh dill.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, a pinch of salt and pepper, and minced dill.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet and saute onion, tomato, minced garlic and leafy greens for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add vegetables to the egg mixture and wipe out skillet. Heat another Tablespoon of olive oil and tilt skillet to coat the bottom. Pour in the egg/veggie mixture and top with parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the fritatta into the preheated oven and bake until puffy, starting to brown and eggs are set, about 10-12 minutes. Slice into wedges to serve. Enjoy!