APPETITE FOR CHANGE JOB DESCRIPTION
Appetite For Change is seeking to hire a part-time hourly position to serve as Bartender. The person in this position will serve beverages to guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction. This position may also be responsible to work as the server in the Station 81.
Appetite For Change (AFC) is a nonprofit social enterprise in North Minneapolis whose mission is to use food as a tool to build health, wealth and social change. Appetite For Change envisions sustainable, equitable, local food systems, created and led by thriving, socially connected families and communities.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
- Responsible for cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables to insure product quality.
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks.
- Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
- Inputs cash and credit card orders into a point of sale system.
- Responsible for sanitation in and around the bar area.
- After function, remove inventory and all beverage equipment to proper storage.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the event team.
- Expediently communicate any challenges, guest complaints or requests to management.
- Respond to management’s instructions and directions.
- Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests, co-workers and management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide excellent food and beverage service
- Keep tables and service areas clean and attractive for guests
- Ensure timely food service by maintaining a sense of urgency when on the service floor
- Respond appropriately and professionally to guest requests
- Follow Health and Safety practices at all times
- Perform various tasks as needed by management
Desired Education and Experience
- 1-2 year bartending experience.
- Alcohol seller server certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Arrive at scheduled start time in appropriate uniform and ready to work.
- Fully knowledgeable in drink recipes.
- Knowledge of laws of liquor service.
- Good understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate sound cooking knowledge and technique.
- Must be able to arrive promptly
- Professional communication skills. Ability to take direction, work in a team environment and work
calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Strong value for healthy/whole foods, community engagement and social enterprise.
- Able to Stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift materials up to 50 pounds in weight (food, plants, print materials in boxes, equipment, and other job-related items).
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Standard commercial kitchen, and bar equipment.
- Work is done at Station 81 – approximately 25 hours per week
- Monday -Friday, 3:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- 1 weekend shift – Saturday or Sunday 10:30 am -4:30 pm, depending on availability.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
$15 per hour plus tips