Community Cooks Meal Box Delivery Driver
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer Position Description
We are looking for sustainable methods of home delivery for the Community Cooks Meal Boxes. Engaging volunteers to deliver these meal boxes means we can focus financial resources on the contents of the meal boxes. We know the community is ready to be a part of the movement, We are looking for 40 volunteers to commit to at least 4 weeks of delivery, although the program will go for 30 weeks, and we would be thrilled to partner with volunteers for all 30 weeks.
- Each volunteer expected to commit to a route of 10 home deliveriesEach meal box is 16”x12”x10” so the volunteer’s vehicle needs to have enough space for 10 boxes of this size.
- Optimized routes will be provided to each volunteer with the most efficient route of deliveries possible
- We ask that volunteers to commit to at least 4 or more weeks of deliveries
- Deliveries will take place every Monday beginning June 7 – between 11 am-2pm
- Volunteers can opt in for more than 1 route, and thus the time commitment could be longer than 2 hours.
- You can even get a buddy to complete the volunteer process and ride along and help out.
Benefits to the Volunteer: An opportunity to become a part of the food justice movement, work with and learn from community members who are not AFC staff, get a closer look at our work. Last year we delivered 117,000 meals to the community, helping us make fresh food accessible in 2021.