Chimichurri Chicken & Cucumber Blueberry Salad
Made from just a few pantry ingredients and fresh parsley, chimichurri is a bright green sauce from Argentina that has amazing depth of flavor. Its delicious on roasted meats, steamed vegetables, or grilled anything! This recipes pairs it with a quick roasted chicken and a fresh massaged kale, cucumber, and blueberry salad with a simple vinaigrette. Serve leftover chimichurri with eggs in the morning or spread on a sandwich at lunch for a pop of fresh herby flavor.
- 1 sheet pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 6 pcs bone-in skin-on chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch bunc
- 2-3 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes more to taste
- 1-2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch kale stems removed and leaves torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint blueberries
- 5 small cucumbers
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Read through entire recipe before getting started.
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from packaging and pat dry. Rub with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven 30-35 minutes until cooked through (chicken is no longer pink and reaches temperature of 165 degrees).
- Meanwhile for the chimichurri, rough chop the bunch of parsley and add to a blender with granulated garlic, red pepper flakes, 1-2 tbsp white wine vinegar, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth or until texture is to your preference. Can add a little water if it's too thick. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate.
- Prepare the salad, add kale to a large bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and massage with your hands until leaves are tender and glossy. Slice cucumbers in halves 1 inch thick. Mix blueberries and cucumbers in bowl with kale.
- Add 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, honey, granulated garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl or jar. Mix until combined. Toss with kale, cucumbers, and blueberries and top with feta cheese.
- Plate chicken with a drizzle of chimichurri sauce and some of the Cucumber Blueberry Salad. Enjoy!