Garam Masala Carrot and White Bean Soup
Cooking and pureeing vegetables is a delicious and simple way to pack vegetables and nutrients into your diet while making a creamy soup - without all the cream! Soups are great dishes to practice—and they'll keep your family feeling warm and cozy in winter! Add beans to your soups for a great dose of vegetable protein and make each bowl more filling.
Servings: 6 servings
- Large pot
- 1 onion
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can navy beans
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp garam masala
- 1 demi baguette
- 1 tsp turmeric
- olive oil
- Wash and dry all produce. Remove ends and peel from onion; then medium dice. Mince or grate garlic. Remove ends and peel from carrots; then, medium dice. Open navy bean can and rinse gently.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 min until soft and translucent. Add garlic, carrots, turmeric and garam masala. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add navy beans, coconut milk and 2.5 cups of water (or broth if you have it). Simmer for 15-20 min until the carrots are soft and soup begins to thicken.
- While the soup is cooking warm up the bread in the oven or toaster oven.
- Puree using a blender or mash with a potato masher—it will be a chunkier but still delicious! Season to taste and simmer another 5 min until thick and incorporated.
- Serve warm with baguette! Enjoy!