Chef Gavin Kaysen, inspired by the frenetic seasonality of the upper Midwest, was beckoned home to open Spoon and Stable in the North Loop of Minneapolis, a 2015 James Beard Award Finalist for Best New Restaurant. The award-winning chef has cooked in the US and Europe’s top kitchens, but gravitates toward traditional Heartland dishes—the kind he grew up eating and cooking. Gavin helps the next generation of young culinarians refine their skills with the nonprofit ment’or BKB Foundation. In 2007, he proudly represented the US team, and in 2015, he successfully led Team USA to a record-breaking Second Place victory, the first medal for the US.
- Minneapolis nonprofit Appetite for Change promotes healthy eating with music
- 9 actions for a healthy and sustainable food system
- Innovative leaders in an increasingly complex food system
- Pain and necessity birth community-conscious eatery
- Farmers markets will open but COVID-19 strikes at the communal spirit