Lauretta Dawolo Towns is a Middle School English Language Arts teacher in the Twin Cities Metro Area. Her professional background is in community and ethnic media, specializing in coverage of underrepresented and underserved populations. She has worked for Insight News, KFAI-Fresh Air Community Radio, and The Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder. Lauretta has worked as Program Manager for Girls in Action™, a curriculum-based leadership program for urban high school girls. On a mission to help youth realize their self-worth, she aspires to not only be a good teacher but an instructional leader in the classroom and the community. She currently resides in St. Paul, MN and is a married mother of two boys.
- Minneapolis nonprofit Appetite for Change promotes healthy eating with music
- 9 actions for a healthy and sustainable food system
- Innovative leaders in an increasingly complex food system
- Pain and necessity birth community-conscious eatery
- Farmers markets will open but COVID-19 strikes at the communal spirit