Roasted Chicken and Summer Veggies
When you have chicken as delicious and local as Wild Acres fresh birds, the best thing to do is keep it simple and let the meat shine! Here we make use of Local Crate's simple Roasting Spices to provide some depth and seasonal produce from local farmers to create a meal that's as fresh as can be, as simple as turning your oven on, and as flavorful as our MN summers. :) Check out the back for more info on partner producer Wild Acres.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 Large or two smaller sheet pans
- 1 whole chicken in pieces, bone-in and skin-on
- 2 large zucchini
- 3-4 lbs baby potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic or 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2-3 tbsp Roasting Spice Blend (see tip section on back)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Read through entire recipe before getting started. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry all produce. Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch rounds. Half or quarter baby potatoes depending on size (try to aim for all pieces being similar size so they cook evenly). Mince garlic. Remove chicken pieces from packaging and pat dry.
- Drop your chicken pieces into a large bowl and add 1-2 tbsp olive oil, 2-3 tbsp of your Roasting Spice blend, and a very good pinch of salt and pepper (about a tsp). Massage the oil and seasonings into your chicken pieces and lay out on your sheet pan in a single layer with the skin side up.
- If you have room on the same sheet pan with your chicken pieces, use that space to roast your veggies (the chicken juices and fat will add additional flavor while they roast!). Otherwise, on a second sheet pan lay out your zucchini slices and baby potatoes. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, your minced garlic, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the veggie pieces.
- Bake your chicken and vegetables for about 30-35 minutes or until chicken is opaque all the way through and juices are clear (feel free to cut into one of the larger pieces to check for pink meat or pink juices) or the meat registers 165 degrees in the thickest part.
- Divide chicken and vegetables between serving plates and drizzle with any chicken drippings/pan juices. Enjoy!