Chopped Quinoa Salad
This is a simple, filling salad that can be made any time, any day. Adding grains and legumes to salad makes them hearty and packed with protein and whole grains. "Chopped salads" are a great place to use up any veggies in your fridge that are on their last days- cut or grate them and throw them in the mix!
Servings: 6 servings
- Medium pot with lid
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 0.5 bunch parsley
- 1 can beans black beans, chickpeas, white beans, etc.
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring to boil quinoa, 1 1⁄4 cups water, salt, and pepper in medium pot. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 15-20 min until quinoa is tender and liquid absorbed. Fluff with fork and allow to cool.
- Remove ends from onion, set one half aside and thinly slice the other. Remove ends from cucumber and small dice. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Remove core from bell pepper and small dice. Rough chop parsley. Remove beans from can and drain.
- Juice lemon into a jar or medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, honey, 1 tbsp parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper to make your simple vinaigrette. Add chickpeas and onions. Allow to marinate for 10 min.*
- In a bowl, toss cooked quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, remaining parsley and marinated beans in vinaigrette.
- Divide salad between bowls. Enjoy!
*Note: You can keep marinated beans in the fridge for up to two weeks for salads, bowls, etc!