Nicole Powell was born and raised in North Minneapolis and is passionate about her community. Nicole studied Human Service at MCTC. Nicole started out as a participant in AFC’s Community Cooks, then she volunteered, and is now a Program Manager. Nicole’s hard work and devotion helps change the way community members eat, think and live. Being raised in a community where many people are affected by diet related disease, Nicole believes in meeting people where they’re at and working with them to help improve the way they eat.
- Minneapolis nonprofit Appetite for Change promotes healthy eating with music
- 9 actions for a healthy and sustainable food system
- Innovative leaders in an increasingly complex food system
- Pain and necessity birth community-conscious eatery
- Farmers markets will open but COVID-19 strikes at the communal spirit