Vegan Caesar Salad
A family favorite and as quick as you like—hello pre-made croutons and hellooo homemade dressing...Try it with kale or seasonal greens!
- Cutting Boards
- Baking Sheet and foil
- 4 Romaine hearts
- 2 c “old” bread cut into cubes
- ¼ c lemon juice
- ½ c olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- cooking spray
- Croutons: Preheat oven to 350° and place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Spray cubes generously with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast cubes until light golden brown (6–8 minutes) like your favorite croutons (pre-made croutons also work)
- Dressing: Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper in an air-tight container. Shake vigorously (or mix well) until the dressing is combined.
- Chop the romaine lettuce and add to a large bowl. Toss to coat greens with desired amount of dressing and croutons.
- Enjoy as is or sprinkle parmesan or your choice of protein!